– Share ownership (January 2009): 11.29% by Total ; 8.99% by L’Oréal (30.8% by the Bettencourt Family, 29.6% by Nestlé).
– Share ownership (January 2008): 12.70% by Total ; 8.66% by L’Oréal.
– Share ownership (March 2007): 13.12% by Total ; 10.52% by L’Oréal.
– Share ownership (January 2006): 12.74% by Total ; 10.21% by L’Oréal.
– Share ownership (January 2005): 12.65% by Total ; 10.13% by L’Oréal.
– Sanofi-Synthélabo Share ownership (January 2004): 24.35% by Total ; 19.52% by L’Oréal.
– Sanofi-Synthélabo Share ownership (after the merger): 35.3% by Total ; 19.52% by L’Oréal.
– Full member of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations.
Christopher A. Viehbacher
– Chief Executive Officer since December 2008.
– Career beginning at PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
– 1988-2008: At GlaxoSmithKline. Last position: President, Pharmaceutical Operations North America, member of the board and Co-Chairman of the Portfolio Management Board.
– Board member of PhRMA in the United States.
– German and Canadian nationalities and knight of the French Legion of Honor in 2003.
– Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer since March 2009.
– Graduate of Ecole Polytechnique, France’s most prestigious engineering school, and ENSAE, the national statistics and economics engineering school, affiliated with the Ministry of Finance (1982).
– Graduated from the elite Ecole Nationale d’Administration opting for the Court of Audit of France in 1984.
– Advisor to the Chief Financial Officer (1988) and Group Finance Director & Treasurer (1991) at Elf Aquitaine.
– General Manager of Elf Petroleum Norway (1995).
– Deputy Vice President of Elf Upstream Division for Europe and the U.S.
– Head of the taskforce for integration with Total (1999), in charge of the reorganization of the merged entity, TotalFinaElf.
– Vice President Europe and Central Asia Upstream Division of Total (2000).
– CFO and Deputy General Manager of Vivendi Environnement (2000).
– Senior Executive Vice President, Deputy General Manager and Chief Financial Officer of Veolia Environment (2003).
– Executive Vice President Pharmaceutical Operations since August 2004.
– Management training program at Pfizer International, and joined Pfizer RFA as a junior product manager and various positions.
– Marketing Director at Sanofi Pharma GmbH, a German subsidiary of Sanofi, in 1985, and various positions in Germany and France.
– Senior Vice President Europe following the merger with Synthélabo in 1999.
– Executive Vice President International Operations (2000-2003).
– Worldwide operations of Sanofi-Synthélabo (2003-2004).
– Senior Vice President Research and Development (Scientific and Medical Affairs) since January 2007.
– Researcher at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore) and Guy’s Hospital (London).
– At Sanofi Recherche as Clinical pharmacologist (1991), Senior Project Director (1993), Vice President Research Projects Management (1996), Vice President International Development (2001).
– Senior Vice President Chief Strategic Officer since February 2009.
– Graduate of Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales.
– Career begining at Merrill Lynch in London.
– Finance Department of the Elf Aquitaine Group, Total, (1993-1996).
– Corporate Treasurer (1996), Head of Financing/Treasury (1997), Head of Strategic Planning (2000-2004), Deputy Chief Financial Officer (2004-2007), Senior Vice President Chief Financial Officer (2007) at Sanofi Group.
– Senior Vice President Legal Affairs and General Counsel since March 2007.
– Bachelor of arts and juris doctorate degrees from Georgetown University.
– Congressional staff of the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives (1977-1986).
– Associate in a law firm in New York (1986-1996).
– Assistant General Counsel of US Sanofi subsidiary (1996) and positions at Sanofi Group within the Legal Department like Vice President Deputy Head of Legal Operations.
– Senior Vice President Industrial Affairs.
– Graduated from Ecole Polytechnique and Ecole des Mines of Paris in biotechnologies.
– Head of production at Danone (1987).
– Head of site at Sanofi Chemistry in Sisteron (1990), Head of industrial affairs at Sanofi in the United States, Vice President Supply Chain, Vice President Chemistry (2006).
– Senior Vice President Vaccines since August 2007.
– Bachelor’s degree in biology from St. John Fisher College, Rochester, New York, and MBA from the University of Dayton, Ohio.
– Various marketing and sales positions with Reed & Carnrick Pharmaceuticals and Sandoz/Novartis.
– Vice President U.S. Marketing (1997), Senior Vice President of US Marketing & Sales, Executive Vice President North America and Senior Vice President Global Commercial Operations at Sanofi Pasteur.
– Senior Vice President Human Resources since October 2009.
– Executive Vice President Human Resources for the Fiat Group in Torino, Italy (2007).
– Senior Vice President Human Resources at Case New Holland, a U.S. subsidiary of the Fiat Group (2005).
– Director Compensation & Benefits (1999) and Vice President Human Resources Europe (2003) for Agilent Technologies, a spin off from Hewlett-Packard.
– Various positions in Human Resources in Switzerland and Italy including HR Manager for the European Headquarter and Human Resources Director in Italy at Hewlett-Packard (1987).
– External auditor at Coopers & Lybrand in Geneva, Switzerland (1985).
– Law degree from the University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
– Senior Vice President Business Development since January 2009.
– Graduate of Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, and law degree.
– At a subsidiary of Renault (1982-1984).
– Number of posts in France, Japan and Korea at Roussel Uclaf (1984).
– Vice President of the Asia-Pacific region for Hoechst Marion Roussel.
– At Sanofi (1996), head of the Eastern Europe region (1997), Vice President Eastern Europe for Sanofi-Synthélabo (1999), head of Sanofi-Synthélabo’s Japanese operations (2001), Senior Vice President Pharmaceuticals Operation Japan (2005).
– Advisor to the French Foreign Trade Commission.
– Senior Vice President Audit and Internal Control Assessment since August 2004.
– Auditor with Ernst & Young (1982-1985).
– Sanofi (1985) in a variety of financial positions, Vice President Internal Audit (2000-2002), Senior Vice President Chief Financial Officer (2002-2004).
– Senior Vice President Pharmaceutical Operations France since August 2004.
– Degree in psychology, Master Degree in Philosophy from Nancy University, and Advanced Management degree from Paris IAE.
– Variety of positions at Sandoz, including Division Director.
– Sanofi Winthrop (1993), various positions including Director of Operations and Managing Director of Sanofi Winthrop France, Senior Vice President France (1999-2003), Senior Vice President Europe (2003-2004).
– Chairman of the French Pharmaceutical Companies Association (LEEM, Les entreprises du médicament) since July 2006.
– Member of the French Council for Heatlh Insurance.
– President of the French Federation of Health Industries.
– Board Member of INSERM, the National Institute for Health and Medical Research, and AFSSAPS, the French Health agency.
– Officer of the Legion of Honour.
– Senior Vice President Chief Medical Officer since February 2009.
– Medical degree from the School of Medicine University of Paris, France.
– Chef de Clinique, assistant of Paris Hospitals, Department of Cardiology, Hôpital Bichat, Paris, France (1977-1981).
– Medical Director at Roussel Laboratories (1981-1986).
– Medical Director of Roussel-Uclaf (1986-1992).
– Senior Director of Clinical Investigations of Sanofi Recherche (1992-1996).
– Scientific Senior Director of Sanofi Winthrop (1996-2002).
– Vice President Medical Affairs Europe of Sanofi-Aventis (2003-2005).
– Senior Vice-President Medical & Regulatory Affairs of Sanofi-Aventis since 2005.
– Senior Vice President Industrial Development and Innovation within the Industrial Affairs since June 2009.
– Senior Vice President International Development R&D.
– Vice President International Clinical Development at Sanofi-Aventis.
– Vice President International Clinical Operations at Sanofi-Synthélabo.
– Cardiovascular Development Director at Synthélabo (1990).
– At Servier (1984).
– Master of Sciences and post-graduate degree in statistics applied to medicine.
– Senior Vice President Communications since June 2009.
– Global Executive Vice President Communications and Sustainable Development of the AXA Group (2007).
– 1990-2007 at GSK Group: Head of Public Relations and Director of Communications in France; Vice President Communications Europe in London; Vice President External Affairs Europe in Brussels.
– Communication Manager for Alain Afflelou.
Gérard Le Fur
– Executive Vice President, Scientific and Medical Affairs (2004) and Chief Executive Officer (2007) at Sanofi-Aventis.
– Senior Executive Vice President (2003) at Sanofi-Synthelabo.
– Associate Director of Research and Development (1986), Director of Research and Development (1995) and Managing Director in charge of Scientific Departments (1998) at Sanofi.
– Corresponding Member of the French Academy of Sciences.
– Director of Biology at Laboratoires Rhone-Poulenc.
– Chief of Laboratories and Assistant Director of Research and Development at Laboratoires Pharmuka.
– Board of directors of Antigenics Inc.; PhRMA; the Institute of Medicine‘s Evidence-Based Medicine Roundtable; and the CEO Roundtable on Cancer.
– President, chairman and CEO of Sanofi-Aventis U.S. (2004-2009).
– US president and chief executive officer at Sanofi-Synthelabo (2003).
– Executive Vice President and President of Global Prescription Business of Pharmacia Corporation (2001-2003).
– Executive Vice President and President Global Pharmaceutical Operations of Pharmacia & Upjohn Inc. (1998-2000).
– Senior management positions at Rhne-Poulenc Rorer (1995-1998) and Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (1989-1991).
– Begining career (1972), operational positions and Chief Executive Officer and President of the U.S. pharmaceutical business of Sandoz Pharmaceuticals.
– Bachelor of arts from Drew University in New Jersey and law degree from Seton Hall University in New Jersey.
– General Manager and Managing Director of Sanofi-Aventis UK since September 2004.
– Head of Sanofi-Synthelabo in the UK.
– Joined Sanofi in 1992 after working for Pfizer.
– Chairman of Commercial Affairs Group, Board of Management (1999), and President (2006) of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.